10/10/07

What Hasn't Changed


ED & V: LEFT, 1991 - RIGHT, 2007

A lot of things have changed in 16 years - but I've always known Ed will be an awesome father. Here are my top 10 reasons:

10. GREAT TASTE: He fell in love with me despite the (1991) glasses.
9. SERVANT HEART: He does food prep and cleans the bathroom.
8. CONFIDENCE: He can respectfully disagree with people.
7. GENEROSITY: He runs errands for friends when they're stressed.
6. HUGE BRAIN: He knows the difference between bugs and insects.
5. INTEGRITY: He censors movies for us - and he's always right.
4. PLAYFUL: He's already collecting great children's movies and CDs.
3. RESPONSIBLE: He's purchased and installed plastic outlet covers.
2. LOVES KIDS: He'll watch friends' kids - by himself when needed.
1. FAITH: He always knows it's going to be okay; he trusts God.

And, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Congratulations, Ed, with all my heart! There's nowhere else I'd rather be...

7 comments:

LS said...

This is so touching! Ed will be a wonderful dad and you will be such a great and incredible mom! I can't believe you've known each other from such a young age! How neat to have 16 years of memories!
Lindsey (your cousin's wife in WY)

Kara Jo said...

Amen! Ed's going to be a great dad! Likewise to you, V, on the mom front.

P.S. There's a difference between bugs and insects???
P.P.S. You HAVE come a long way on the fashion scene. Got a chuckle out of the glasses. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks hon, I love you so much. We're going to be a good team.

Bren said...

Isn't that what you still look like? You will both always be that age in my mind! I am so glad that Ed still lights your fire!

Anonymous said...

Aw, you two...so cute. V, as an aside, can you please quit posting such deep and wonderful things so I have an appropriate opportunity to express my candy preference for winning the contest? Thanks in advance. :)

Pam said...

Hey wait...I think those are the same glasses Andy wore in 91'. Must have been a low-trend year.

Anonymous said...

I have just one thing to say regarding Ed and being a dad.....me daughter refers to Ed as 'my friend Ed' as opposed to 'my parent's friend Ed'. Ed, you rock! I think E's going to be a little jealous, though.;-)

-Amy