10/17/07

Rainman

You know how nature abhors a vacuum? That's exactly how I feel about math. Nevertheless, sometimes my mind vomits up random lists of mathematical information - and has the audacity to suggest it might be helpful or interesting. Yesterday evening, pulling into the garage after work, was one such example:



1. The odometer read 33333.
2. The 3 numbers in yesterday's date (10/16/07) add up to 33.
3. I'm 33.
4. Eva will be 3 soon.
5. A difference of 30 years.
6. The 3 numbers in her b-day (11/25/07) add up to 43.
7. Her b-day is 3 months before her cousin's...
8. We'll celebrate 3 family birthdays in 3 days (bro and sis-in-law).
9. Once she's home, Mom and Dad will have 3 grandkids.
10. This will be 3 years from the time we began the adoption process...

My sick mind had one last laugh as I pulled in the garage tonight:

1. The odometer read 33399.
2. A difference of 66 miles.
3. Exact mileage to work? You guessed it: 33.

I kid you not. Sometimes I wonder at the formulas God must use to hold this whole show together...

P.S. And how many comments will I get on this blog post?? (Maybe 0.3). ;-)

6 comments:

erin said...

Um...I know you're a math genius, but if Eva was born in 2007, how is she almost 3?
I was a lit major so I'm not exactly what I'd call credible.

-V- said...

Details, details... ;-) I meant her b-day for THIS year. I agree though - it would be even cooler if it worked for the real one in 2004...

And I was a writing major - so you're very right to distrust any of my perceived calculations... :-)

erin said...

LOL--I was a writing minor. Just another weird thing in common.

Anonymous said...

Now, your going to need 33 comments. Sorry. I think about stuff like that too, only our lucky number is 7.
We were engaged on July 7
Married on Nov. 7, had 7 people in our wedding party, and 7 diamonds in my ring, lived on seventh street, dog named Sitka Seven, Received Kavya's referral on July 7, and held her for the first time on Feb. 7 etc...
Very cool

Anonymous said...

that is just too funny! i think if we all are honest with ourselves we all do that!! but wow, that was a little extreme(i can say that cuz i do that a lot!)! funny to think about how God holds everything together...and who said you never use anything you learn in math! LOL!

-V- said...

Jeanette - thanks for stopping by! And thanks for your honesty; it's great to know I'm not the only Rainman around... :-) By the way, if your hubby's who I think he is - what a talented artist! Just checked out his blog today (thanks to Kristi). Interested to read more about what you're up to with Women of Truth too... Blessings!