10/21/07

Artist



If I could dip my pen-tip in your ink,
O God who writes the whispers of the trees,
And hears each silent simple thought I think
To journal it in sand beneath the seas.

If I could dip my brush into your paints
To color all the worlds in majesty,
To white the clouds and shade the storm in gray,
To dot night skies with bright so silvery.

If I could only sing one melody
Composed by You before the dawn of time,
To comprehend one word outside of "me",
To breathe Your soul in freedom as it climbs,

Would anything within me understand
The power of the Love that moves Your hand?

3 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

Absolutely beautiful. All of it. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

just beautiful! kuddos...
a good reminder of the greatness of our God. What an amazing artist He is, and we sure do get to enjoy the autumn colors longer in MN cuz of all the rain. Thanks Lord!

Carla said...

Oh, breathtaking. Thank you!