10/23/07

Boots 'n' Blogs

The closest I ever got to the military was my college combat boot stage. (Purchased from Fleet Farm. With my dad). I was militant about lots of things though: flannels (for), college curfews (against), peace signs (for), males (against).



One of the few people who knew me during those years, yet still - to this day - admits to having known me, is Rob Dannenberg. Rob worked with Ed and me at First Trust (now US Bank) a bunch of summers through high school and college, under the gracious reign of Jude (Ed's mom). And, in addition to keeping us all entertained with his witty sarcasm and insightful writing, he brought me to my very first Broadway production: The Phantom of the Opera. Then, as good friends are prone to do, put up with my listening to the soundtrack (and pretending I could sing opera along with it) OVER AND OVER each day at work. What a great guy!

Rob is in the U.S. Army now; he's currently stationed in Fayetteville, NC and, within the past year, has spent time in Afghanistan. I've enjoyed his authentic and down-to-earth email updates every few months, so recently insisted he start a blog. It's called 'Rubicon' (see link to the right).

Rob has chosen his blog title with intelligence, creativity and heart. The reference is loaded with military history, idiom imagery, and, of course, a touch of Phantom. I'll let you glean what you will from Wikipedia... ANYWAY... All this to say: now you know who Rob is if he leaves a comment on your blog. And, more importantly, now you can visit HIS blog and leave encouraging comments - which I sincerely hope you will. He's one of those rare individuals who has dared to make personal sacrifices in his life for the good of people he hasn't met and doesn't know. Let's get to know him and say thank you, k? Thank you, Rob!!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Thanks. I'm trying to write more but I get busy and have to give a couple of days between. Love Ed's blog too.