10/15/07

"Cute and Busy"

Got an email from our India Program Director Saturday. She's in India right now, and has had opportunity to spend some time with Eva! We're SO grateful she took time to touch base during her busy trip; here's what we learned:

1. Eva is described as: "cute and busy"! :-)
2. She's great, health-wise, but for an ear infection (she's on meds).
3. Eva was cared for by 'Sisters', (nuns), at her original nursery.
6. One photo from the previous nursery exists (and we will get it)!
7. We will receive more information (pictures, measurements) soon!

Every detail we can glean about our daughter's life is SO precious... For those praying with us, let's pray for the caretakers and their successful interaction with the original nursery - that she would favor Eva and be persistent on her behalf. The information collected right now - this week - will have long-term impact on our ability to help Eva piece together her story. Also - let's pray that God will heal that ear infection ASAP and keep Eva healthy.

"Cute and busy"... sounds like she's already starting to take after her momma... :-)

10 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Yay for more details about precious Eva! Praying for more, and especially that you receive that photo mentioned.
Praying her ear infection clears up quickly, too. As her mother, I'm sure it's hard not to be near her to comfort her. Soon, my friend, soon!

Anonymous said...

Those little tid bits mean so much! We will keep praying for lots more to come your way and for Eva's ear infection to get better fast.

I totally agree you both are too cute and so busy!

kristi noser said...

V,
Do you have any idea when you take the trip to go get Eva?

Bren said...

It is so great you are getting information. All I know is that I was in only one foster home for the first 5 1/2 months. However, the memories that count and made me who I am are the ones with my parents and the love I remember is theirs - that is what Eva is going to remember the love you and Ed give her! We will remind her about how it happened even before she met you!!

-V- said...

Kristi - thanks for reading. There's no guarantee about travel timing, but they estimate 4 to 7 months from when our post-referral dossier gets sent. We hope to be able to get that out by the end of the month, so we could be traveling sometime next Spring. I'm estimating Summer to be safe though - it's easier for me to estimate WAY conservatively than to deal with unanticipated delays...

-V- said...

Bren - your perspective on this stuff is so great and so helpful; thanks for sharing it! It's encouraging to hear that what you really remember and value is your parents' love...

erin said...

This might seem weird, but knowing that she has an ear infection makes her so much more real to me. I mean, that's normal kid stuff. She's not so much of a dream when info like this (to me).
I am praying that she feels better soon!

LadyD said...

Vonda, I love to hear that you are interested in everything you can get for her to know her past and especially knowing the story. That has been so helpful with me and my own adoption recovery. Every little thing you can tell her when she is old enough will mean sooo much to her- It will actually make you three closer. Laura D.

Pam said...

When I look at Greta I am reminded that Eva is the same age.

Its going to be fun with her! They are so active and full of wonder. Mini-sponges.

Anonymous said...

Dear E and V, it's a bit crazy- sometimes in life we cling to a few simple adjectives...( i'm reminded of the ultrasound room...) whew!!! but they must be SO meaningful at this time - "cute and busy" -the first thing i thought of were her chubby little wrists working toys around. Thankful you have a little more to go on. -anushka