10/31/07

The Creepies List

Okay, so He didn't give us a spirit of fear. But we all have our 'gives-me-the-creepies' lists, right? In keeping with our annual American tradition of celebrating fear and sugar (J/K - I'm not a halloween hater), here are a few items from my list:

10. Spiders like this one walk the earth (here in WI), and I sometimes sleep in tents. (She was bigger than she looks here [~6 in.]; enough to trigger your fight or flight - (in my case, flight) - reflexes from 20 ft.).
9. Fast cars without mufflers.
8. Large plastic bags filled with (...who knows what?!) on the side of the highway.
7. Illegible gravestones.
6. Alone in a dark, empty church.
5. Clearly dreaming faces of people I've never met. Recognizing them later.
4. My dogs, on leash, barking vehemently into a pitch black night.
3. The 'Scrunt' in Shyamalan's "Lady In the Water".
2. Mirrors in the dark.
1. Googling my own name on the internet.

What's at the top of your 'creepies list'?

20 comments:

Bren said...

Bridges and being underwater.

TheKupkaFamily said...

Driving down a country road by myself in the pitch dark

Poopy pants from my 3yr old son

Any horrible story involving children

Mistry leftovers in the back of the fridge

Anonymous said...

In no particular order:
10. Rick Ocasek
9. Stevie Nicks
8.Glen Danzig
7. Susanne Sommers
6. Anna Nicole Smith
5. Crispin Glover
4. Gene Simmons
3. Clint Howard
2. Yanni
1. George Lucas

Bren said...

Clint Howard?

Anonymous said...

Don't you think he's kind of creepy? At least he usually plays creepy roles -

-V- said...

Ooh - Stac - yeah, mystery left-overs should definitely have been on my list...

Ed - Yanni? You had hair just like him in college... ;-)

Rachel said...

water snakes

potential mold in my basement walls

Steely Dan

And Ed, Stevie Nicks?

Kara Jo said...

V, I had no idea about you dreaming of faces and recognizing the people later...you sure it's not tied into a spiritual gift?
I'm not very creative with the creepies list, but I'd have to say spiders top my list.

Anonymous said...

During that period in college I was also writing New Age music; I never realized how much Yanni and I had in common!

Stevie is like a scary witch!

theswamphare said...

Being in the woods in Alaska and knowing that I'm the only human there, but I'm not alone. I believe in Sasquatch by the way.

When my dogs all growl at something I can't see...or when I growl at something they can't.

Mosques

and definitely Clint Howard-you know he was in Gentle Ben, right?

erin said...

Halloween masks really give me the heebie-jeebies.

erin said...

Also, Stevie Nicks and The Eagles.

Anonymous said...

Hotel California - mega creepy!

LadyD said...

Trying to pick up the huge crickets that get into our house- and having them hop onto your shirt or worse your neck.
Sleeping at home alone with the kids when Hubby is gone overnight somewhere. I get NO sleep.
Snakes, Snakes, Snakes.
Oh Ya, and Katie Couric.

Tia said...

bats, the furry kind, totally freak me out

oh yeah, and a live mouse in the middle of the night when your cat brings it in to present it to you at 4 am. EEEEEW!

Emunah said...

Silence of the lambs

water chestnuts

meth teeth

ticks

theswamphare said...

oh, I forgot katie Couric.

Did anybody mention Hillary Clinton?

Anonymous said...

She was almost my #1, but I didn't feel like getting political (an area I don't know a lot about).

Anushka said...

HA! this was a fun one , V... I've been laughing out loud- meth teeth-Emunah, you nailed that one. uuurrrgh! i have to chime in: catheters, serial killers, cold soup that's pawned off as "gourmet" , head cheese, Ted Koppel, centipedes,(sorry, Ed), funeral homes, biopsies, and santa clauses from the 60's.

Anonymous said...

fuzzy catapillers
lady bugs