1/28/08

Nesting

Well, it's official... wondered if it would ever happen without pregnancy hormones and a rounded stomach. But it has. I'm nesting! And it's just too bad for everything else I'm responsible for because clean floors under the couch, bathroom cleaners out of reach, and a customized bedroom niche, perfectly suited for our daughter are now more important than work, food or even sleep! (Sleep?? Now THAT's important). We made more progress on the house this past weekend than in the past 3 months put together.

As we pour our hearts into preparing, it strikes me how natural and good it is to prepare for a child in our home, and has inspired thoughts about the root and true meaning of this:

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am..."

-Jn 14:2&3-

I've read this verse hundreds of times before, but have never 'gotten it' like I've started to this past week. I guess I've always focused more on the practicalities of His making a place for us... like He's doing it more out of duty:

A. He has to in order to keep His promise.
B. There has to be somewhere for us to go after life.
C. There will be lots of us, so it better be big, etc.

But, newer for me, are thoughts about how much love and care, thought, and JOY there must be in this nesting of nestings; the ultimate preparation. Maybe it's a little like our own human nesting, but on an even grander scale...because:

A. He loves us.
B. He's delighted just thinking about when we'll be together in that place.
C. His heart gets full designing unique surprises for each eternal home.
D. This is a priority for Him; important and satisfying work.
E. His 'prep work' is directly linked to His great desire to see our joy, and to enjoy us.

I have a feeling this is just the beginning of truths that will sink deeper as our perspective continues to shift these coming months. Sure it's probably stuff all you parents out there have already thought of and 'got' long ago... but I'm thankful, and hope to share more.

We get to see our first video of Eva tonight. Eva with sound and motion... what a gift!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What special thoughts, Vonda and oh so true! Although you have probably beat most of us in actually making the comparison. Great thoughts! Oh call me quick and tell us about the the video! We are so excited to hear! We are sharing your joy! Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you both tonight. For you to hear E's voice for the first time. To see her in action for the first time. That's huge!!!
I can't hardly stand it.
Thinking of you so much!!

Anonymous said...

We loved having you both over tonight to watch the video. As I said before, I think we were just as excited to share the video with you!

I also enjoyed looking at the posts on your blog, it is wonderful how many people already do love your little girl. I am equally thrilled for you to share the video with them.

What a blessing to be moving through this process with you. It is great to be home with our 3 children and we are thrilled that you will very soon be able to experience all of the amazing events that have just recently brought our son home to us!

God's rich blessings in the weeks ahead...things will begin to move very quickly now....especially with Ed busy painting the mural in your daughters room.

FamilyGus said...

We can't wait to hear about the video and share these moments with you! I love to hear about your step by step journey from a mommy standpoint. Love you!

Willow and Sprout said...

Oh loved ones, what a precious time. Today you sounded like there was joy and expectation in your waiting. I can't wait for Eva to know the two of you better. She will be so blessed by your heart and your careful words Vonda. I'm sure you will continue to be blessed with even more experiences of having "eyes to see" as your journey with Eva continues. I hope her voice and presence on video will be such a gift to you! I can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

i have never thought of that verse like that. how beautiful.

wonderful to see your heart in preparing a place for your baby girl.