1/23/08

"Mama": She Gets It

One last surprise Eva update from our friends, who are headed home today. They are both sick - if you think of saying a prayer for them please do; this could be a tough next 36 hours for them...

"Hi Friends,

I wanted to let you know, I did get more video of Eva eating her breakfast with her friends from the nursery. I have to tell you, before I walked in the room to visit with her, I watched her around the corner. She is quite the spoon banger, and she was getting the other children to join her!!! She was very happy at breakfast, we got everything on video.

We also have a lot of video of her at [our son's] dedication! What an amazing experience that was!! She was wearing a yellow dress with red ribbon on it. She stood next to me during the dedication. At the very end, she kissed [our son] on the forehead, we have all of it on video. She later said to him, "mama" and pointed to me. It was very sweet. It is so nice to see how well loved the children are at the nursery. I know it is very hard to wait to bring her home, but know that as you prepare for her, she is well cared for.

We would like to have you over soon to share the video with you. We know you must be very excited to see it (we were in your shoes not too long ago). [...]

We leave for the airport in 1 1/2 hour and begin our long journey home. We have been praying the travel will go smoothly and all 3 of us will feel well during the next 36 hours!!

Blessings to you, J"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

V- I'm so amazed at God's provision all along this journey. These updates are so precious.
-Amy

erin said...

Wow!
That's so awesome.
Have you seen video of her yet??

FamilyGus said...

She sounds so precious. It sounds like she has that "little mother in her" like our Karlie does. Thank you for the updates. They're so fun to read.

Naomi said...

Thanks for sharing these special times with all of us. I know you are clinging to these updates and cherishing them. I get teary-eyed every time I read these notes and try to imagine how you must feel. God is so amazing to orchestrate these little peeks into your beautiful Eva's life.

Katie R. said...

I love her dresses, I bet she looks beautiful in them. Also, I even more love that she knew what "Mama" meant for her little buddy. She will know you are HER Mama and Papa. She'll know!

Robert said...

You're going to have a lot of fun. Don't spoil her too much.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh V. That is just the sweetest thing I've ever read.
She does get it! I am so excited for you to see the precious video that your friends took. I will say prayers for their health and safe flights home.
Thank you again for sharing

kristi noser said...

Y'know V, when someone is pregnant and they feel the baby kick? These are your "kicks".
Thanks for sharing the kickin' with us. We love to hear anything about your sweet Eva.

-V- said...

Kristi - your naming these as 'kicks' put a lump in my throat (in a good way). Thank you, friend, for understanding. Wrote a poem the day my heart first adopted Eva (5 mo. or so ago); one of the lines was, "...the kick of you is felt a world away."

Thanks to everyone for sharing our joy! And thanks for bearing with me through the 'new mommy' stages where every little thing she wears, says, does, or might possibly be thinking is fascinating, brilliant and worthy of much ado... Can't promise it won't grow worse for some time to come... ;-)

Kara Jo said...

A spoon banger, eh? She's a leader!

LOVING these updates right along with you!!!

Shandy said...

Wow!! It is all so beautiful. I got goosebumps as I read of your beautiful little girl. I know it may be a little while until we get to meet her, but I am so looking forward to that. From Providence, I am blowing a kiss in your general direction! - Shannon