1/7/08

Emote This!!

If I were a type character, I would be an emoticon. I LOVE emoticons... oh not the pretty, colored graphic ones; those are cheating. I mean the good, old-fashioned stick-figure emoticons. I know - I'm a dork. Nevertheless, it explains why I was fascinated to discover a whole world of them out on the web the other day. My favorites were (remember, most emoticons are left to right, left being top, right being bottom - example, :-) = smiley face):

1. :-B = buck-toothed
2. ~:> = chicken
3. B-) = Batman
4. (::[]::) = bandaid, or emotional support
5. ~(_8(I) = Homer Simpson

This discovery was so much fun, I decided to attempt creating (and, in some cases, commandeering) emoticons of my very own. Check it out!

1. :>) = "Wow, that V chick has a substantial beak on her!"
2. XX--- = "Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer; are you okay?!?"
3. { :>O = Me, leading worship at FCC.
4. UU = Tushi stuck to couch.
5. :-& = I want spaghetti for dinner.
6. [~~ :-O ] = Husband, singing in the shower.
7. UU>= = Outgrowing my jeans.

This is fun - come join me! What's your favorite existing emoticon? OR take a stab at creating a new one... Maybe we can come up with a couple good inside blogland jokes along the way!

11 comments:

Anushka said...

i'm just not capable of technical shinanigans... but i REALLY love your creativity!!!

Anonymous said...

*<#:-)> Ho Ho Ho

Just thought I'd give it a whirl

-V- said...

groovy - you're a natural!! :-)

Anonymous said...

:-/ uncertain


-Amy

Kara Jo said...

V, this is a side of you I've not seen before. Tee hee. Butt stuck to couch...

Swampy, we should get some good comments out of you on this one. I'm waiting patiently for your witty comment here.

LadyD said...

(#:( = Owie on my head? Headache?

(:>)(@@@)( ) = SnowMan

(;o) = Jerry, You put the Whites
in with the Reds!?

erin said...

(UTU) = Thong underwear sticking out of jeans.

Sorry--I deleted my first comment. This is way better.

erin said...

p.s. It seems like you dig emoticons the same way I dig haiku. : )

Pam said...

my non-emoticons...

* <<<- gone camping


*||* gone skiing


\O__ swimming


_/ biking
O O


{:P playing with dog


!!
!! gone for a walk

!
! gone for a run

-V- said...

You guys are SOOO good at this - all of you! They're all my favorite... Thanks for coming out to play! ;>)

erin said...

(uTu) is even better.
I've been thinking about it all night.
That's right, on my anniversary.