1/5/08

Couch Potato

Dearest Husband,

Thank you for loving me even when I refuse to change out of my robe or remove myself from the couch to grab the remote, or do any of the 6 piles of laundry in the basement, or clean stuff or pick up the phone or do anything at all besides watch all the Die Hard movies. In a row. While eating my weight in M&Ms and York Peppermint Patties.

(In my defense, starting at 2:30 pm today, the rest of the weekend is all people and places and extravertedness; I'm claiming the 'fueling up' clause, big time).

What IS it about January though? Gravitational forces around the couch and bed are irresistible... Am I alone with the bottomed-out energy level syndrome this time of year? Did humans used to hibernate at one point, and it's left-over instinct? What solutions have you found (yes, I know - BESIDES having kids) for unsticking your tushi from the nearest reclining surface and eyes from the nearest action flick?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each year the cold seems to deter me more and more. I love staying in, snuggled up in a quilt with a good book and a hot cup of cocoa. :)

The prospect of a dinner date with my husband could lure me off the couch, though. :)

Swirlingeddy said...

Dear wife,

Actually, I love that about you!

Keep up the good work -

zcoffeegirl said...

I'm longing for that.....we've been too busy, and yes, I am tired....I have a friend who loves to "hibernate" January away...books, movies..enjoy it, sweets.

Anushka said...

i'm with you - after my "saturday morning mom tasks" were done - i turned on the heated mattress pad, grabbed the book you gave me, swapped street clothes for a huge flannel shirt, add 2 purring cats... and a 20 min snooze...bliss. ok- gotta get up- soup, snowmen, and songs to be made... besides kids, creativity motivates me.

Anonymous said...

I've been a total couch/bed potato this month. So glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I have taken more naps this past week than I have all last year.
Enjoy!!!

erin said...

I'm having a tough time this year, too. It doesn't help that everything is SO dirty and ugly outside right now.
I love snuggling up with my kitty and Pedro to watch Friends reruns.
Do you still want to be my friend now that you know that?

-V- said...

Erin, if you've no issues with befriending a Die Hard addicted chocolate fiend, I've none with someone who enjoys THE BEST SITCOM EVER MADE! (Except 'The Office' of course). ;-) Yes, cuddly pets are an oasis of happy endorphins in the desert of January thaw, aren't they...

kristi noser said...

All the Die Hard movies--IN A ROW???
V, you're my new hero.
Yippie-ki-yi-yay.