12/1/07

Snow Treasures

After a warm, couchy night of alternately watching a movie and new falling snow, Ed and I decided to venture out into the calming blizzard to walk the stir-crazy fuzzy ones. As we walked, we mentioned the difficulty of stepping in the tire-rutted (unplowed) snow, and one of us said, "It's like walking on the beach - just without the treasures (meaning shells)." The other responded: "Yeah, wish it was the beach. There's still treasures though - just not at our feet."

Truth is - I really don't wish I were on the beach tonight (shh - don't tell anyone!). ;-) There's something magic about the first accumulating snowfall; everything comes alive. Ask me in February, you'll hear a different story... but for now, it's all good. SO good. Thanks, God. I see your treasures.

3 comments:

FamilyGus said...

That's true about the snow & treasures. I'll never forget the first time Karlie actually discovered snow. I was carrying her from the garage to the house, we'd just got home. She looked up & had her arms out with those big blue eyes of hers all wide with wonder (really experiencing it for the 1st time) and said...look mommy and I told her it was snow. It made me realize I had forgotten to look at things with such wonder as much any more. Love this blog! Love, Jennifer

Pam said...

I am thankful that we live in a varied climate in which to awe at the changes of each season. God knew we'd need opportunities to savor hot cocoa, create warm fires and have time to cuddle. Its why he gave us the cold and snow.

Anonymous said...

Yes! When else could you not feel guilty for cozying up, not doing anything or pulling out a puzzle when your list is a mile long. Your dad and I did that last night and just let the list go for a few hours. It was fun! Thanks, Vonda, for taking the moments to enjoy treasures from our wonderful Lord! Grandma Hansen would like that blog! Course she would never understand why you would want to leave in February either:)