11/30/07

Famous Relative

So I have a famous relative: Terry Fator; a cousin's husband's brother... but still. TeenV (Jr. High me) met him once in '86 or '87 as "cousin Sally's boyfriend". He was a cool, long-haired rock-star type. :-) At the very top of a famous person's pet-peeve list is (likely) distant relatives who crawl out of the woodwork to claim their relation to you. So - sorry, Terry - but I'm proud and supportive of the family-friendly entertainment you brought to 'America's Got Talent', and now are bringing to Vegas. Congratulations on persisting toward your dream till it came true!! And you can be sure that if you schedule a tour to (frigid) Minneapolis, we'll be there to support you.

I don't have a You Tube account yet, or I'd post the actual video. Here's a link though - check it out; he's really amazing!

6 comments:

theswamphare said...

Ummm, I'd slow down a bit on claiming him...the picture looks like he's got his hand up somethings' butt and it don't look like he's a large-animal-veterinarian...

Just sayin'

Swampy

P.S., Please don't kill your blog if you don't like my comment.

-V- said...

Ha! Don't worry, Swampy - nothing could get me to kill my blog except ME. But check out the link - he's not your average ventriloquist! ;-)

Pam said...

Our only claim to fame is that Jessica Lange is a distant cousin of Andy's. I have never met her, but I have met her mom. So that is nearly, right?

Carla said...

Just watched all of his stuff! He is good!
pw-that so counts. For something.

Tia said...

Wow! That's way cool. Terry was my favorite on the show. I used all my votes for him. I just rewatched some of the videos on Utube. I am a softee...still get teary eyed watching the "kermit" impression.

Anonymous said...

He was my favorite right from the start and I was glad that he won. Amazing talent. Almost unbelievable.
Somewhere down the line I'm related to Elvis from what I've been told...