12/20/07

Treasuring Up










"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."

-Luke 2:19-

This is one of my very favorite verses from the Christmas story - always has been. The focus throughout Luke to that point had been Jesus birth - as it should be. But I love that the author, a male, pauses for a sentence to consider a new mother's thoughts... she had gone through so much in this story and it seems such an appropriate glimpse. In particular, love the phrase, "treasured up"; I picture, not just fleeting thoughts, but real processing. Heart level stuff.

I have 12 days off of work starting tomorrow and, since earlier this month, I have planned to follow Mary's lead. I too long to 'treasure up' the birth of my Savior. And, as a new mom with a daughter across the world, I find I have some heart-level processing to do as well.

I have no questions about why I need to write, or the fact that I will continue; I will be back on January 2nd. And hope that you will join me again then! So no embarrassing gushy or flattery weirdness, k? If you feel like it, a simple 'Merry Christmas' will do.

And I too, simply, wish you all the most blessed of Christmases. May His Joy fall on you... and if you haven't met Him yet, I pray you are able to hear His gentle, welcoming voice above the noise of the season. Your night may be far from silent, but He's come to be where you are in the midst of it all. Be blessed and uplifted all friends; His coming is the reason for true HOPE... So let's 'TREASURE UP!' - in whatever ways rest and beautify your heart the most this season.

4 comments:

FamilyGus said...

I love this, cousin. It is my favorite.

LadyD said...

I love reading your blog everyday, you are such a gifted writer. I await your return in January- Have a wonderful Christmas, Can't wait to see your baby girl next year! The blessing of all blessings. LD

zcoffeegirl said...

Merry Christmas, sweets! See you next year.

Katie R. said...

Merry Christmas and happy birthday Jesus!