2/8/08

Wait On the Lord, Oh My Soul...

Today is the 4 month anniversary of when we were able to announce that Eva was cleared, and our daughter. It's also the mental milestone I had marked for myself, up to which I would not be concerned about completion of the next step (which was to take 2 to 3 months). As today has grown closer, I've found myself needing to pray for extended patience and peace.

Here is what my devotional had to say about it this morning, entry dated Feb. 8th:

On Me Alone

I am your Lord, your Supply. You must rely on Me. Trust to the last uttermost limit. Trust and be not afraid. You must depend on Divine Power only. I have not forgotten you. Your help is coming. You shall know and realize My Power.

Endurance is faith tried almost to the breaking point. You must wait, and trust, and hope, and joy in Me. You must not depend on man but on Me, on Me, your Strength, your Help, your Supply.

This is the great test. Am I your supply or not? Every great work for Me has had to have this great test-time.

Possess your souls in patience and rejoice. You must wait until I show the way. Heaven itself cannot contain more joy than that soul knows, when, after the waiting-test, I crown it victor. But no disciple of Mine can be victor, who does not wait until I give the order to start. You cannot be anxious if you know that I am your supply.


His Grace to me is so far above and beyond what I could ask for or imagine. Perhaps this message will reach some of you in places where you wait as well...

P.S. I'll be tobogganing (not toblogganing) this weekend... Have a great one! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Vonda, thank-you for sharing your heart! I am thanking the Lord for sharing with you these precious words this morning. Soon! Very Soon in His perfect timing! But I know it must be so very hard at times. It is wonderful that your heart is tender and listening for His words for you. Have fun this week-end tobogganing and I will be anxious to continue reading when you return. Love, Mom

kristi noser said...

I'm looking forward to the Monday tobaganningblogging.
You did great on Friday by the way.
Woot!

Kara Jo said...

Good words...My Utmost? I seem to remember reading this very message years ago during something major I was in the middle of--waiting for God to move...I love it that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Holding out trustworthy hope right along with you, friend!

-V- said...

KJ - sounds like 'My Utmost...' doesn't it? Actually, it's a similar book called, 'God Calling' by AJ Russell. I think you might have given it to me at some point... or was that an extra copy of 'Come Away...' ? getting buried under some layers of time. :-)

Had SUCH a great time with you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Vonda, I know exactly where you are coming from. It is so hard to sit helpless as you think about your child a world away, wondering...is she eating now, playing, laughing, tired...

Actually, you are not helpless, you are diligently in prayer for your little Eva. You are preparing yourself to be the best possible parent that you can be. This is more than most people ever begin to do, and Eva will be blessed by your preparations...she already is.

"You must wait, and trust, and hope, and joy in Me" you are preparing and doing all of these things for your daughter...I can only imagine that the Lord is pleased by this.

Know that we are praying for your NOC to be soon and court clearance to move quickly....I think about this all of the time....

-V- said...

Everyone, thank you for your dear comments...

Jenny, your words hit deep here. Thank you for praying for us and ministering to us in amazing ways - having spent time with our daughter, sharing your stories with us, sending us pictures. Your thoughtfulness - in the midst of your own transition - is so dear.

I am in awe of His kindness to have gifted us with friends who are able to relate with this specific kind of waiting... Thank you for your encouragement, friend!

Kara Jo said...

V, yes, it was a copy of "Come Away..." that I had given you. But I used to read "God Calling" a lot in High School, too, along with My Utmost. I should look for that book again...

V, need to tell you again what a good job you are doing at waiting. Waiting for Eva, waiting on God. It must feel so long at times. Thank you for always "giving God a good report" in the midst of the unknown. Thank you also for your transparency as you wrestle. Love you.