2/13/08

Happy V-Day















I used to wear black and drip with sarcasm on Valentine's Day. There are few things more painful than watching others celebrate romantic love when one is longing for it, but has lost, or never known it. I'm no longer in that place, but if I were, this puppy would at least make me crack a smile, I think. He's real, they say - born in Japan.

May TRUE love be with you this V-day, dear readers - whatever that looks like for you. If you're hurting, have grace on yourself for wearing black (or at least wanting to). Everyone else - let's be gentle, loving, and shower fun surprises on those we know would like to be hibernating.

Ed... there is nowhere else I'd rather be.

5 comments:

FamilyGus said...

Thank you for this post as a reminder to be gentle & loving, because I think we've all wanted to wear black at one time or another when it comes to love. I'm happy to say I don't have to...I've found my love, too! That pooch is adorable!!!

Swirlingeddy said...

What will those Japaneae think of next? I bet that dog has a phone, a camera, and holds 60GB of my music.

You are a luminous creation of God of inestimable worth, and you make me want to be the best man I can be. These 11 years you've brought things out of me that I never knew were there, and you are an agent of God's grace in my life and in the lives of those around you.

FamilyGus said...

Ed- that is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard & I totally agree with you. Vonda is very special. I'm so glad she received such a wonderful man in her life. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day you two!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines to you both!

Katie R. said...

-V-, I think you are sweet. Happy Valentine's Day.