2/23/08

AI

'AI' stands for lots of things these days:

-American Idol
-Artificial Intelligence
-Amnesty International
-Arts Institute... etc.


But as of this afternoon, for me, it stands for ALL INCLUSIVE!! That's right, folks... The man and I will be doing some migratory nesting in Cancun in just a couple weeks.

I had never realized it before, but it's really the sunny late winter days that getcha. The cloudy, cold, overcast days, we just trudge on through. But when I felt the sun on my face yesterday, my senses re-awakened to the fact that, somewhere in the world, there is a sandy beach...

A little spontaneous for my character, but I'm glad we're doing it; it will likely be our last 'just-us' beach trip for many years. We've vowed to do nothing but read books on the beach, eat as much as we want, and watch movies with the balcony door open till all hours. Okay - maybe we'll add in a couple other things... the trip is 'AI' after all...
;-)

7 comments:

Willow and Sprout said...

So, we JUST saw you,and we didn't know about this?!?!? I guess our morning wasn't long enough...

Bren said...

I am jealous! Now, Rachel S. is coming the second weekend in April - would you like a party then?

FamilyGus said...

You go guys!!! I've never been to Cancun before and would love to go. Being spontaneous is so much fun...I really miss it every once in awhile. Beaches & ocean are so much fun. Have a blast!

-V- said...

inthestory - we didn't decide until on our way home from breakfast in the car this morning! Standing with you guys in the sunshine afterwards was inspiring... :-)

bren - sure - let's shoot for it. If we end up traveling sooner than we think, we'll just postpone. It's on the calendar!

Kara Jo said...

Yay for you, guys! I wouldn't necessarily say it will be "many" years before you get another 'just us' trip, though. :)

Pam said...

I agree with KJ, we've worked to get in at least one "just us" getaway every year of marriage. Three kids later, we've maintained that goal.

Bring a tan back for me.

erin said...

Woowoo!!
Enjoy your Babymoon!