11/12/07

In Memory

Two years ago tonight, my dear Grandma, Myrtle, was swept up into Jesus' arms. I miss her and think of her often - but love that she is with Him now. And know I will see her in what is sure to seem like such a short time, once all is said and done.

Grandma, being certain now that there is blogging in Heaven, want to let you know that you are remembered with love and affection down here. Your legacy lives on through all your children, many, many grandchildren, and their children - and their children. I too am a mother now, and desire to pass on the legacy, as you have - and I'm so thankful for your example. Goodnight. Say 'hi' to Grandpa and Lloyd and Bob and everyone for me, k? Love you.

"Only one life; t'will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."

5 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry we had you out so late, when you were anxious to get home to do this posting and precious tribute to your Grandma.
So glad I got to meet her. She was a wealth of joy and wisdom. A blessing to all who encountered her.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you, Vonda! Your posting blessed me. I thought of Mom so much yesterday and I talked to her in my mind as well. I always ask Jesus to give her messages. I do miss her so much. I will share this with my family. I love you!

Katie R. said...

Grandmas are wonderful gifts, yes? I'm sorry you are missing yours. She sounds like a special person.

theswamphare said...

I am so pleased that there are going to be littles around for you to grow and nurture; they got a good deal.

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Thanks for your blog on Grandma...this is very sweet. That is a very nice picture of you both. Grandma was a true blessing to all of her Granchildren. It had been a while since I saw her, but I just remember all the love she gave me and the wonderful smell of her baked goods each time I would visit. We wrote letters back and forth and she wrote me up until the last years of her life. Our Grandma Hansen - know this is a lady who really had it going one! :) Say hello to Grampa (and happy birthday :)) and Uncle Lloyd and Bob too. With love from California....your granddaughter/cousin,
Rachelle