11/29/07

It's SOOOO Cold That...










15. The dogs' leather leashes stiffen up outside.
14. Appropriate outdoor apparel = two winter coats + fuzzy robe.
13. I wait for my spouse to get the mail.
12. 24 packs in the garage are 'thinking outside the box'.
11. The tip of my nose has discovered its own identity.
10. I wear sweaters over my sweaters.
9. Dogs leave mini ice-rinks when they pee.
8. Shopping for a winter coat is like grocery shopping when hungry.
7. The outdoor dryer vent looks like the house is on fire.
6. Resentment and affection abound toward 'snowbird' relatives.
5. The house is a trail of sprawling blankets.
4. Sweater sleeves are stretched out from being pulled over hands.
3. People dress their cats up in fur-lined snow vests.
2. Weather reports are summed up in two words: wind. chill.
1. Jack Frost is biting at your butt.

How about it - what does COLD look like in your world? (CA/FL/AL readers, spare us your trauma of having to don long pants for a day or two). ;-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snot freezing within 1.2 nanoseconds of stepping outside.

Robert said...

I don't miss that kind of cold. It might get down to 35 around here. NC.

Bren said...

I have not been outside except to leave the hospital so I still believe that is 40 outside - I won't listen to anything else!:)

erin said...

Yesterday I was convinced that my sinuses were frozen all the way up to my brain.
At our house, you know it's cold when the dog chooses to pee in the corner instead of going outside.
It's been a tough couple of days for little Pedro-man.

theswamphare said...

when spit freezes on my lips or my glasses freeze to my face; when pine trees explode because the sap swells too much; the doors on the truck freeze and when you get them open, you have to hold them shut while you drive until the mechanism warms enough. When metal feels hot to the touch and still leaves a burn on your skin; when you can feel the heat from someone's cigarette two feet away, it's cold

-V- said...

Swampy - written like the poet you are... :-)

Pam said...

When I run my bum gets chapped and icicles freeze on my lashes...

But then, its just all the more affirmation that you are well and alive.

-V- said...

So in your case, pw, Jack Frost really IS biting at your butt! Sorry to hear it... :-)

TheKupkaFamily said...

Every morning, I always know when it is cold outside by how long it takes Daisy to do her thing outside.

Also, I know it is cold when it takes longer to get the kids dressed and ready to go out than how long they stay out and play. With that being said, cold weather brings fun stuff as well. We just had our first cup of homemade hot chocolate of the season. Yum!!

Kara Jo said...

Mrs. Kupka, how do you like to make your homemade hot chocolate?