11/25/07

Three

My precious Eva,

Today, you turn 3. You have been on this earth 3 full years - you enter now into your fourth year.

At this moment, I hold you in my heart - yet, we are thousands of miles apart. If I could somehow reach through space to hold you, play with you, comfort and celebrate you... Love, I would. I would.

Instead, I reach through time with pen and ink, trusting these words will find you when you are old enough to understand them.

I remember my third birthday - quite vividly. I remember the cake in the shape of a white cat. Its red licorice whiskers, my father teasing my mother that its paws did not look like paws. I remember crawling into the lap of my older cousin for a shared picture since our birthdays were close. I remember saying 'goodbye' to guests before they intended to leave, because I wanted them to go. :-)

What will you remember, Love? I wonder... This, possibly the first birthday you will remember. We have sent gifts... but will you understand? Are these your first gifts? Your Father in Heaven and angels celebrated when you were born. And they celebrate with us now. But what will you remember of this day?

I will tell you what I know, but you cannot yet remember. You have a mommy and daddy who love you and pray for you and long to hold you and raise you. You have many friends and extended family who will meet to celebrate you this coming week. You will have gifts piled on top of gifts - we will put them in your room. Only later will you see. You have a bedroom, and we will begin to prepare it this weekend. It's right next to ours, and yellow, fuzzy angels will lovingly guard your door.

This, your fourth year, will be a year of incredible change for you. There will be some changes you may love. Others might make you sad. But, all in all, it will be good because we will meet this year and begin a forever family. For better or worse, this year is the start of forever relationships with those who love and cherish you - and celebrate you. We will navigate together all the bumps and curves to come. Jesus will hold us. And He will make it sweet...

Be blessed today, sweet Eva. Grow big and strong - but not too big yet, k? I have prayed for someone to hold you, sing to you, celebrate you today - to help you understand the magnitude of how precious you are. Happy birthday - we are so thankful you've been born!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday dear sweet Eva.
We too hope that you have a wonderful birthday and are looking so forward to meeting you.

God bless you
dear one,

All our love,
the Guhl's

TheKupkaFamily said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Eva!
Happy Birthday to you!

Dear Eva,
Today you are in our thoughts and prayers. May you have a special day full of joy and happiness.
Love,
Michael, Stacy, Judah, Levi, Eden and Benjamin

Kara Jo said...

Happy Birthday, precious Eva. You have a whole host of people who can't wait to make future birthdays magical for you. :)

E & V, thinking of you today, too. Knowing your hearts long to hold your little girl.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday our precious grand-daughter! We thought of you much today and wished we could hold you and give you our gifts, but we'll have to wait till next year to celebrate in person, but still we celebrate you in our hearts. We love you already and can't wait to get to know you as our very own grand-baby. Ed and Vonda we are praying for you as well on this special day. You will be such wonderful parents for little Eva. God has chosen just the right Mom and Daddy for little Eva. Bless each of you.

Emunah said...

Eva, Happy 3rd Birthday!

I love you like Giant Panda hug!

Anushka said...

Happy Birthday Little Sweetie, i am hoping you'll come to my house for a tea party someday.

Anonymous said...

I read this post through tears. I wish Eva a happy birthday and eagerly await the day when she joins the family!