3/9/08

Quote For Today

Last night, we enjoyed a delightful little theatre production at the Southern Theatre: 'You're My Favorite Kind of Pretty'. Afterward, in a short discussion time with the cast, the Director (a friend's husband) said, "I'm finding lately that the more personal I make my work, the more universal its application becomes."

This is one of those concepts I have innately known, but have questioned at times. Hearing it from someone who creates art as a profession was powerful and encouraging - and reminded me of this C.S. Lewis quote:

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."

I love this.

Have a wonderful week, dear readers and blog friends! Looking forward to connecting again upon our return...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful relaxing vacation in Cancun.
We'll miss you

-V- said...

Thanks, groovy! Will miss you too - let's get together when we're back - have a great week!

Katie R. said...

Have fun, wear sunscreen!

LadyD said...

Get a tan for me!
I have to go to the Dells for 5 days on Sunday!
5 days living in a swimsuit!
EEeeeeekkk
:O

Willow and Sprout said...

I agree with the quote. I connect most with others when I am honest and real.

Can't wait to hear about Cancun! Hopefully you will feel refreshed, body and soul.