3/19/08

Closer to Ready

People don't call and leave messages here a lot. Neither Ed nor I are phone people; we keep in touch best via email and calendar. So I was surprised to find 3 messages on our voice mail when I got home from work tonight:

1. Heather from the census bureau calling for her monthly follow up.
2. A friendly reminder from Blockbuster; they'd like their movies back please.
3. ....

Adoption Agency: We've been approved by the appropriate overseas committee to adopt our daughter!

5 months of stored-up (happy) tears are flooding down my face. The final shift from questioning to knowing (as much as we can 'know' anything from day to day).

One last mostly risk-free court process (pray for the fast judge!) and an estimated 2 and 1/2 months till monsoon-season travel. :-)

Now is the time for: kids' book sprees and car-seats and wagons and wardrobe details and bedsheets and lists of great ideas for family activities and childproofing and room-organizing and travel preparation and insurance arrangements and orange bean bags and video cameras and organizing recipes and still praying a lot and remembering what we read about parenting and scrap-booking and finishing the deck and prepping announcements and not necessarily all in that order and...

I have WAY too much to do in 2 and 1/2 months. Oh, and that feels so wonderful... :-) Ironically, it seems much closer to ready than having to have all 'ducks' aligned. Just come home to us, little Eva - just home. We'll figure it out together...

Thanks for waiting and joying with us!

14 comments:

Willow and Sprout said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (I'll call and do that over the phone too!!!) We are Sooooo excited for you! Come home soon sweetie! You all WILL figure it out together.

Anonymous said...

Oh Vonda and Ed I am so Happy!!!
I prayed for you out loud all the way home from work tonight!!!
That is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

HUZZAH!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,

Words cannot express our joy!

-Amy

FamilyGus said...

This is soooooo exciting! We are so happy for you and will continue to pray for that fast judge. Love you!

Joey said...

SWEET!!

We're so happy for you!

kristi noser said...

That is great news. I was feeling for you in the waiting-lull-everyone-else-is-having-babies time recently. Happy happy!

Oh, and "joying"--I really like that.

Katie R. said...

Goose Bumps!!! So excited for you, how very excellent. Yeah! Woo-hoo! Hip, hip hooray! Eva's almost home!

Kara Jo said...

Crying as I read. Thanks be to God!!! Still praying for the fast judge!

Kara Jo said...

P.S. Now you can say you're "NOC'd up!"

I wouldn't have written that, except that I've heard you say it before--LOL!

Emunah said...

I am crying and crying and all my body systems are going haywire! Praise the Lord!!! She's not even home yet, and she feels like home.

TheKupkaFamily said...

We are soo excited for you!!!! We love you both and can't wait until Eva is with you. All smiles here at the Kupka house. The fast judge is on the prayer list. Isn't it great to have the end in sight. She'll be here for summer. Just another reason to add to my list of why I want summer here:)

Ariel said...

I am sooo happy for you! I'm going to go call Ben at work right now, to tell him your joy-filled news. We love you guys, and will be praying for you in this season.

erin said...

How WONDERFUL!!
Get to work, Mommy! Congratulations!