3/28/08

15 Minutes From Hades










10:35: In shower, hear dogs barking ferociously in kitchen.
10:40: Emerge from shower, flashing unsuspecting UPS guy.
10:41: Recover from humiliation.
10:41: Notice dog urine ALL over EVERYWHERE.
10:42: Let responsible dog out to pee - 5 more minutes straight.
10:43: Grab gross dog towel, mop up pee from EVERYWHERE.
10:45: Culligan man in driveway; peeing-barking dog runs amok.
10:45: Decision: dog-assault charges? Or flash the Culligan man?
10:46: Yank on jeans and sweatshirt, pull towel off unbrushed hair.
10:47: Fly out garage door, knock over Culligan man, saving him from wagging-peeing dog.
10:47: Feeling very grateful to be dressed.
10:48: Culligan man done and yells 'Thanks' from basement.
10:49: Dogs outside sniffing ground-squirrels, refuse to come back.
10:50: Trick mud-covered dogs to returning.
10:50: Grab gross dog-towel to mop up mud and remaining pee.

Poor UPS guy. Poor Culligan man. Poor large-bladdered, mud-spattered canines. Poor, poor, poor wood floors.

Welcome to 'fancy-free-Fridays' at the Rankin house...

7 comments:

swirlingeddy said...

I've never wanted to be a UPS guy so much in my life.

Pam said...

Yeah, I'm sure they (UPS guys) get a few views now and then.

Willow and Sprout said...

Not to mention poor Vonda!!

Joey said...

You must be a lot more patient than me, or you're just an animal lover!

In my world...

10:51: Got rid of dogs.

-V- said...

Haha! Joey - it's definitely not patience; I'm VERY much to the extreme of the animal-lover spectrum. Around here, they're not as much 'the dogs' as they are 'the boys'. I gave up awhile ago trying to figure out that oddity in me, relative to people with a more 'healthy' perspective on dog/human relationships... some things are just wired in, I guess. They can be good toddler practice, I hear. ;-)

Also - just so no one's scared to come over now... I did mop/polish/clean/vacuum the floors TWICE since the pee/mud incident. :-)

Joey said...

Got it...I won't question the enthusiasm! Much on the other end of the spectrum, I'm not sure why I have such apathy towards animals. I bawled all day when we got rid of our two English Springer Spaniels when I was 8. Then when I was around 13 or 14, my uncle's wolf-dog (65% wolf) bit me when my uncle accidentally (playfully) set me on top of the dog. That couldn't have helped!

If it helps, I do like cats! But with my wife's cat allergies and her apathy that's about equal to mine, I doubt any pets will be roaming our place anytime soon, if ever!

Kara Jo said...

Oh my goodness. What a hoot!