4/20/08

V Is To Vegas...

'V' is to Vegas as a fish is to hiking through the desert. Oh wait - it IS the desert. This will be my first exposure to 'Sin City': business trip, leaving early tomorrow. And actually, though I am flying into Vegas, I've since heard that I'll be staying 1/2 hour out of downtown in Henderson, NV - so should be relatively safe. Just need to get myself through the airport. ;-)

Pray for me if you think of it (that I'll be motivated to do more than hide out in my hotel room). Plus, I think I have 'strep'.

Talk to y'all next Thursday or so!

4 comments:

FamilyGus said...

You'll be just fine, girl! Take on that town! :)

TheKupkaFamily said...

strep??? Yuck!! I hope you feel better. I will also keep you in my prayers!

LadyD said...

I sure hope you aren't going if you have strep!
That can get bad fast~
We'll pray that is not the case!

-V- said...

I'm home... :-) Okay - I was WAY too tough on Vegas before I left. I don't know where I'd gotten my mental image of it, but I just had a super nice, even refreshing, trip. Granted, I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton 25 miles outside the city (overlooking beautiful Lake Las Vegas), but even dinner at The Venetian on the strip was super fun and not overwhelming. Airport was clean and not crazy, weather was ideal, hotel was the best service I've had, and...nicest cab drivers I've ever met (return driver, Cheryl, gave me a hug as she dropped me off!)... I'd visit again!

P.S. And my weirdish sore throat/fever thing disappeared soon after I arrived there. Thanks for praying!