9/30/07

On Waiting...


QUOTE FOR TODAY: "I'm finding there's a lot of kicking and screaming to do on the way to that 'gentle, quiet spirit'." - TK

HYMN FOR TODAY: Be Still, My Soul (Katharina von Schlegel, 1752)

Be still my soul; the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still my soul; your best, your heav'nly friend,
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still my soul; your God does undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and wind still know
The voice of Him who ruled them here below.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Can't you just hear this sung by a clear-as-glass soprano voice? Beautiful. One of my faves as well.

Emunah said...

LOVE that hymn. Definitely in my top 5. Great to see you last night!

Careangel said...

I have had to remind myself about the message of this hymn many times over the past year. Remembering I can share my grief with God and find comfort is a wonderful thing.

-V- said...

Careangel - I just figured out who you and I'm SO glad you stopped by. Wanted to let you know that, at the marriage retreat this year, I had never enjoyed a more meaningful bag of M&Ms. Thank you - you have a beautiful heart...